Monday 16 November 2015

On being creative


I have always been creative. When I was a little girl I especially loved to paint, draw, take photos, and colour in my colouring books. My mum also had many crafty hobbies as I was growing up and I would sit and watch her making things, fascinated, for hours on end. In those moments, I remember wishing away my childhood, longing to become an adult so I could do all of the creative things that she did too.

Now I am well and truly an adult (I turn 40 in December actually - scary!), I rarely go a day without doing something creative, no matter how big or small it is, whether it's scrapbooking, painting, drawing, working in my art journal, taking photos, or sewing. It doesn't matter if I spend only 10 minutes making...as long as I do SOMETHING. It makes me feel alive, fulfilled, at peace with myself. Without it, I feel very uneasy and incomplete.

I thought I would start a new series of posts here on my blog where I will periodically share my art adventures and sewing projects with you, in addition to my scrapbooking/Project Life/December Daily. Maybe it will inspire you in your own creative endeavours, help you to solve a problem you are having with your own work, or help you to feel more connected to your creative energies. I do hope that you will follow along with me on my blog as I share more with you.

(Artwork by Jessica Bruggink, available here)

No comments:

Post a Comment